Love Pad Thai? This pad thai is a delicious low-carb option made with zucchini noodles. You can buy a hand-held spiralizer on Amazon for under $12 and it’s awesome to make fun dishes like this!
Makes 4 servings
4 medium zucchini
1 bell pepper
6-8 cloves garlic, minced
1lb shrimp, chicken breast, or tofu cut into cubes
2-3 Tablespoons fish sauce (Vegetarians use Hoisin Sauce!)
2 Tablespoons tamarind concentrate
1-2 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1. Prep your veggies: Spiralize your zucchini, grate the carrots, sliver a bell pepper, and grate / mince your garlic.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients and half the garlic to make your sauce. Taste it and add more fish sauce/ tamarind as you like.
3. Spray a pan with oil spray and cook the garlic + protein.
4. Put the protein to one side. Now, add your carrots + bell pepper and toss with the sauce. Add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute until the zucchini is soft but NOT soggy.
5. Add the protein in and mix everything up together. Take a taste – how is it? Add salt, pepper, fish sauce, or chili powder to taste depending on how you like it.